The People’s Platform
When I announced my Exploratory Committee, I pledged to honor what I called the People’s Platform, which includes:
- Taking no corporate lobbyist or corporate PAC money to fund my campaign.
- Passing a Constitutional Amendment to end corruption in Washington and reform our election system.
- Raising the minimum wage to $15/hour – and tie it to inflation.
- Ensuring universal healthcare as a right, and providing Medicare for all Americans.
- Guaranteeing equal pay for equal work.
- Ending the private prison industry and reforming drug laws.
- Providing tuition-free education at all public universities, colleges, and trade schools.
- Make America the global leader in renewable energy and achieve 100% clean power by 2035.
It is guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence that all people have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. None of this is possible, especially life, without adequate healthcare. more…
Wealth and income inequality is the greatest moral issue of our time. The gap between the wealthiest Americans and everyone else has not been this high since right before the Great Depression. more…
The scientific community agrees that climate change is not only real, but already causing incredible devastation across the globe. The great challenge for our generation is to reverse and repair the damage that has already been done to the environment. more…
Big Money In Politics
American democracy and the belief that we have a government of, by, and for the people has always been a pillar of freedom for the global community. more…
Our nation has made incredible progress throughout our history to overcome discrimination and create a more equitable society. But, we still have more work to ensure all Americans are guaranteed the same rights and opportunities regardless of gender, race, class, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation. more…